Year 7, Day 189
Amorris orbit / Glythe sector

Has it really been over fifty days since my last update? I had no idea organizing Logistics would be so time-consuming! Despite the predictable delays and learning curve, it's been a good experience. I feel confident about the direction the Corporate Alliance is taking under my... um... direction!

We've initiated a galaxy-wide project constructing CA-controlled Commerce Centers everywhere. Well, not everywhere. There are thousands of charted, habitable planets, and dozens of cities on many of them. Still, we're establishing a strong presence as one of the galaxy's premier trading companies. As much as I enjoy transporting goods and taking on construction contracts, it will be nice to get back to the core goals of the Corporate Alliance.

What's good for the CA has proven to be disastrous for me. The expanded accessibility of the Galactic Market has dropped prices remarkably. So even though I finally have my shiny squad of Cloakshape fighters collected (not to mention the even-shinier squadron of N-1 fighters!) I'm having one hell of a time selling them without taking a loss. I might have to just let them go at whatever price I can, try not to choke on the deficit, and start over with my budget calibrated to the new supply and demand model.

Not a fun prospect.

In cheerier news, we've had a great crop of recruits recently. Some real enthusiastic, bright-eyed guys. It's hard to believe I was one of those eager young recruits not so long ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment