Year 8, Day 298
Hyperspace

I've flown a few supply runs to Harbright Station with the Unfettered, and that ship is a dream. Getting a W-23 Star Hauler was about the best move I could have made. The cargo capacity is perfect for what I can afford on my salary, and it's hyperdrive is fast enough to get my out to Trax sector in a reasonable amount of time. The only thing that could be better is if I had a personal assistance to fly the thing for me!

The city is coming along well with some initial residences in place, and a small-but-bustling business sector. The main commercial district is zoned, but construction has not started yet, and I've heard nothing from the local government about their plans to build subsidized residential skytowers. Oh, well. I've gone unmolested by their agents, which is more than I could ever say of those snakes in The 12 Colonies.

Dr. Nolain Rockport and I are currently on board the TU Crusader, the YT-1210 he uses for his mineral prospecting project. We're heading Sullust to pick up a new Gallofree for the Techno Union. Despite the number of heavy haulers the company already has in use, every new one continues to be a relief. There's a lot of work to be done, and it never seems like we have quite enough resources to run at 100%. After I get this ship, though, we're that much closer!

In other news, Hilem Ordo has been promoted to CEO of Starsign Shipyards, the Techno Union's sibling ship production company in the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Since Hilem was serving as Vice President of the Techno Union, his promotion left a vacuum in the upper echelons. Guess who's the new VP? Yours truly. Maybe with my new salary I'll be able to afford that personal assistant!....

No comments:

Post a Comment