Year 8, Day 244
hyperspace / Glythe sector

It's the beginning of a new era!

Well, a new era for me, anyway. I've just boarded my shiny, new W-23 Star Hauler, Unfettered, and I am en route to Amorris to pick up the first load of raw materials for use building Harbright Station on Godhin. This plan has been in the works for almost a year now, but because it's a purely personal endeavor, progress has been slow. I'm really excited to finally be closing in on a serious development project!

In other news, the past month has been taken up with integrating the recently-acquired Starsign Shipyards with the Techno Union, as a joint starship production enterprise under the umbrella name Confederated Shipyards. Starsign brings with them the super-fast YT-510 design, which may be a wretched freighter, but is an excellent courier transport, blockade runner, and race winner. Also, we'll now be building the monstrous YV-666 capital warship—a pretty hot item! We've seen lots of interest in this ship, and we don't even have the infrastructure in place to begin building them. Once they're coming off the line, though, we'll be sitting pretty on the pile of profits.

Time to inspect the Unfettered, and become familiar with its nooks and crannies. I plan to use this ship a lot, so I'll need to know every inch of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment