Year 6, Day 363
Eastport, Vinsoth / Vinsoth / Glythe Sector

It's been a few weeks, but I've been taking some time off to celebrate an old Sallichen holiday involving deep fried thicketfowl. It's just as well, since there's been a flurry of paperwork passing between the Corporate Alliance and ComBank, one of our CIS affiliates. All the bureaucratic correspondence has effectively halted me in my tracks, sitting here on Vinsoth, waiting for the final order to get some construction underway for ComBank.

The test was apparently cancelled a few weeks back, which was no small let-down! All of those assembled for the test were herded onto a Carrack light cruiser (impressive ship!) where we got the hairy eyeball from some stranger and were summarily dismissed. Apparently we weren't up to snuff, and the whole thing was called off once the instructor got a look at us. Heck of a waste of time, if you ask me. More importantly, it was a heck of a lot of missed profit! Oh, well.

So that's the news, such as it may be. I'm lounging in a mostly-empty Gallofree, snacking on leftover thicketfowl and amusing myself by singing bawdy songs into the cavernous echo of the cargo hold. I'd better not get used to this lazy life... I have a feeling things are about to go into hyperspeed once all the right signatures are in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment