Year 7 Day 14
atmo-cruisin' / Varn / Glythe Sector

I'm touring around a volcanic ball of crap on the trusty ol' TFL Delivery, waiting for some of our contractors to wrap up construction on a power generator. We're pretty much here (though I can't tell you precisely where here is, for security reasons) just for the sole sake of staking a claim and keeping people out. Not that anyone would want to come to this Force-forsaken ash heap. Still, I suppose bureaucrats and bigwigs take comfort in apparent solidarity, no matter how cosmetic.

That's enough of the waxing political for one day!

I've got some guests on board. A fitness trainer (read: over-the-hill martial arts instructor); some kind of furball with an aptitude for hydrospanners; five loitering Wookiees; and a very, very overworked medic. Ever since the Wookiees discovered I installed djarik in the mess suite, it's been arms-out-of-sockets on a daily basis.

I bought a ship! Granted, it's just a simple Cloakshape fighter, but it does have a hyperdrive installed, which is sort of unusual for such an old model. Sadly, though I have the paperwork stating it's my ship, I've never laid eyes on it. I'm not even sure where it is, really! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it's all in one piece whenever I get around to collecting it. No hurry, though. So long as the CA keeps me in fine fashion with big ships like the Delivery, I don't even need a ship of my own. Maybe I can find a needy sucker out there to take the fighter of my hands at a modest (or, better yet, terrifically un-modest!) profit.

Only one or two more days in this waterless backwater. Then I can gather my crew, and head off to a more lucrative construction project in more civilized environs.

No comments:

Post a Comment