Year 7, Day 21
Hyperspace

Well, I've wrapped up my third consecutive construction project, and now I'm ready for some personal time. It'll be a week before the construction crew gets the main cables laid and last circuits activated, so I'm taking a quick hyperspace vacation. I might as well see a part of the Galaxy I've never been to before!

I had my navicomputer randomly select a destination that was three days out from my current position, and it came back with the Essowyn system in the Trax sector. I have only the faintest idea of what to find in this sector, and I know nothing at all about Essowyn, except for how many planets are there. It seems like a pretty quiet place, though. Maybe a good place to relax and brush up on some management skills. The CA has plenty of people for grunt-work, but not a lot of people to call the shots. And if I'm going to keep doing these construction jobs, I really ought to know a little more about team organization.

My listings on the Galactic Market are... well... faring pretty poorly. The market's been in an unsettling state of flux, due to some rumors of new mass production technology making everything in the Galaxy a lot cheaper to produce. With a future of glutted supplies, demand is dropping in anticipation. And that's hitting me right in the bank account. Hard to make profits? Stang! It's hard to sell things at a loss these days! People just don't buy.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'll make this less of a working vacation, and concentrate on playing. There'll be work a-plenty in the months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment