Year 8, Day 167
Upgrade!

I made a special trip to a ship computer dealer I know in Centrality sector, and I've upgraded the Holonet connections on the Narner II to allow me to keep a less-localized edition of this hyperspace journal. I also now have continual access to the excellent Citadel Station Database, which makes for excellent reading.

As for recent goings-on, what can I say? The Techno Union is doing great, with eager customers lined up for months to come. We've had some trouble with employees maintaining an interest in the business, which I suppose is understandable. The turmoil in the rest of the Galaxy probably seems more interesting to the young ones, and the lazy ones probably wouldn't be happy anywhere.

I recently reëstablished contact with an old friend of my father's, Dr. Nolain Rockport, an Ithorian who used to do a holonet advice show years ago. More recently he's been doing time in some Imperial prison for... how shall I put it? "Extreme ecological activism," let's say. He's joined up with the Techno Union to pick back up as a medical doctor, though his experience with environmental issues is proving useful for mineral prospecting. (He's quite adamant about CIS mining affiliates adopting ecologically-friendly standards, which seems to me like an excellent selling point!)

No comments:

Post a Comment