Year 8, Day 175
Approaching Orus Sector

It occurs to me, I haven't made a journal entry in so long, there's no explanation of why I'm suddenly talking about the Techno Union instead of the Corporate Alliance!

It was determined by the leadership of the Trade Federation that the CA wasn't really living up to its stated purpose as a trade and transport company, and that it would be better for the Confederacy of Independent Systems in general if the TF absorbed the Corporate Alliance's assets, and sold off the company shell to someone who might be interested in taking it in a new direction. That person was Rand Axim, the founder of the excellent Galactic Gaming Corporation.

Most of the staff of the Corporate Alliance split up and transferred to sibling companies in the CIS, such as the fledgling MedTech Industries or the Commerce Guild mining company. Several of us moved over to the Techno Union, the ship production arm of the CIS.

Let's face it, I always liked trading in starships. Now I get to help build them! It's pretty exciting. Not to mention, I got to maintain my position as Director of Logistics after the transfer. So the work is mostly the same, about half of my team from the CA is intact, and I got a pretty good pay raise.

I'm currently on board my spruced up & refurbished darling, the Narner II, en route to Tatooine to pick up an employee named Tay Kwan, who spent several months on leave attending to personal business. After that, we're heading back to Vinsoth, for another test like the one a couple of years ago. Hopefully this one will be a little better organized, and more profitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment