Year 8, Day 185 - Vinsoth Orbit / Vinsoth / Glythe Sector

It's hard to believe it's only been two years since my pater dropped me off on Tatooine. I've done so much with since working with the Confederacy, my apprenticeship seems like a lifetime ago.

Tay seemed like a nice enough guy, though I have to admit, there were times I got a little creeped out. Maybe I've just spent too much time in hyperspace, but something about his huge, leering grin seemed unnatural, even for a Nautolan. And the severed ear he sometimes played with was downright barbaric. I'm not ashamed to admit I locked my cabin door at night.

Now I'm on board another fancy capital ship, some kind of customized Carrack cruiser. There's a whole gang of fellow Confederates here, all lining up to take this test. And just like last year, we're all waiting on the test administrator to acknowledge us and get this show on the road.

People seem to be getting restless, though. We've been here a few days, and several fistfights have broken out down in the ship's lounge. The first aid station has been doling out bandages, stimpacks, and bacta-tabs practically every couple of hours.

You'd think that being a Director would lend me some degree of protection from aggressive deckhands, but it turns out that once you pour enough liquor into a Dug, it doesn't much matter who is in front of him when he starts kicking those big hind legs. Lucky for me, I've seen my fair share of pugilism in my time, and given even odds, I can hold my own. I think I laid him down gently enough. He's probably back at work, and doesn't remember a thing.

It might be crude of me to admit this, but a little action like that was exactly what I needed to pass these boring hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment